Rhino Paper Modeling

 Following the Rhino surface modelling lesson, the Object Design class was taught how to make flattened surfaces of our 3D objects into printable construction sheets. 


The class was taught how to make our surfaces into 2D vectors, how to make flaps so that we could use them to glue our objects together, and how to print our object on Rhino. 

From the way flaps are made in Rhino, I noticed that flaps are not that strong, and can easily break if there is too much stress on those parts. I decided that I would redesign my object so that each connection point is more secure. I decided to make the object closer to the octagon shape like the mouthpiece and made the joining points of the tubes at a 45-degree angle.

After this, I added the flaps to each of my objects, then printed it out for the next class


One thing I didn't notice while I was modelling in Rhino was that I didn't know that the objects were smaller than what I expected. I would like to try making to trombone lager, and even using two sets of papers for next time. For now, I will settle for this prototype and see how this model will turn out.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tinker CAD Pen model