Rhino modeling surfaces

 Following up on the paper modelling project from my object design class, the class was taught the first step into the process of making paper models. 

The class was instructed about how to model in Rhino 7 with surfaces to create objects what we desire. We also learned the commands ExtrudeCrv, Explode, Loft, and Planar Srf to make planer surfaces so that we can later use them as the blueprints for a laser cutter when drawing the templates for the objects on paper.


Aside from technical requirements, there were many requirements for this project. 

The object itself has to have significance with the modeller's life.

The object that I decided to make was a simplistic Trombone

 
Although this is not the first instrument I played when I took the required music class in seventh grade, this was the instrument I used when my jr high band teacher offered me to play in a community band. After that, I have played a lot of songs leagues beyond the material I was given in my high school. I've played Tchaikovsky's Marche Slave, Gioachino Rossini's Barber of  Seville wind composition, a composition of the soundtrack of the movie My Neighbour Totoro, Michael Markowski's City Trees, and my personal favourite Sheltering Skys by John Mackey. 

I have participated in many concert songs, and they have been a defining part of my life for exploring the vast and beautiful media of concert music. I was inspired by these songs. I have gained more confidence as a person overall when I was pushed to be loud and flexible to follow through and quickly move on from my mistakes which I didn't need to hold onto at the moment and move on with the unending passing of moments in time.



Although I designed this to be functional,. I highly doubt that this model can function like a real trombone. There are some points in which I believe are likely to be too weak to be able to hold together, and because of the nature of paper, the object will not properly contain the sounds to flow in the tube and some of the air and sound will escape at certain joints.

Regardless, I'm still satisfied with the object, and I'm looking forward to prototyping the object with paper in the next project!

Stay Well all of you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhino Paper Modeling

Tinker CAD Pen model