Paper Craft Prototype

Continuing the Rhino papercraft assignment from the Object Design class. I have finally printed off my object!

I did however have to fix my object's design before printing, this was due to my original object being too small to construct something with.

the new objects are mostly resized versions of my original object, however, the mouthpiece got redesigned to be closer to the size and shape of a real mouthpiece.

With that, I made 2D templates, made tabs for my object, printed out the object, then finally constructed my object together to make my first prototype. 

I have forgotten to make a few tabs in making the final version of the object. Surprisingly, the mouthpiece works very well, but the trombone itself doesn't work because it eventually allows too much of the air to escape. Design-wise, the mouthpiece barely fits into the Trombone, and the slide doesn't fit well into the object. I should redesign the object again for my final iteration of the object.

Until next time, stay well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhino Paper Modeling

Tinker CAD Pen model