3D printed Object

Coming with this long-anticipated blog post, I have worked and finished on The Last object class project. The class project required the class to make a hollow 3D printable object on Rhino. The program that was also used to print the object was called Slic3r. 

There is also an additional twist to the project, the class was grouped into pairs and each student are to collaborate to make a combined hybrid object. 

I was paired with Shou Liu, and you can see her side of the process on her blog page: https://yeqiii020220.blogspot.com/

I was a bit late when the project started, and Shou already made the six required hollow objects. Being a bit late however allowed me to make my objects in response to hers rather than blindly going in. I decided to contrast the rounded and spherical objects with sharp geometric objects. 

 


After finishing my objects, Shou chose some of the objects and made concepts of which ones to combine.


Afterwards, we combined the objects together. This was a bit more complicated to do because the objects had a hard time combining together with the command Boolean Union. We eventually manually worked on the object and finally finished making our object 






The object came out well, and it even has leg-like features when it is upsidedown. The only issue I wish I could fix is to have a workaround with the bottom holes. Aside from this, I am very satisfied with my object and enjoyed working and meeting with Shou (more formally).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhino Paper Modeling

Tinker CAD Pen model